Something I want to do this year is have a recap of each month. I love lists. My poor husband can attest to my crazy. I leave little slips of paper everywhere with notes and lists on lists on lists! To do lists, things to buy lists, what to make for dinner this week lists. They are my favorite. So what better thing to on my blog than make lists? I’m really looking forward to it. So here we go!
1. Favorite dessert find this month: Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes from Cooking Classy. I love combining chocolate with other flavors and coconut is a great one. And here coconut whipped cream pictures are the best. 🙂
2. Favorite Game Day Appetizer idea: Pork and Shrimp Egg Rolls. I can always eat egg rolls. If there are egg rolls on a menu I’m ordering them. These look so delicious. I can’t wait to eat an entire batch.
3. I starting school here in California and while I am really happy to have something to wake up to and do every day I’m missing all the time I had to bake and post here. That and my classes this semester are not my favorites. Chemistry? Just not my thing. Political Science? Really not my thing. So this will be an adventure.
4. I’ve been obsessed with iced tea- help! I want it all the time and I drink it all the time because it is too easy to make at home. If I I was craving coca cola I’d easily be able to not indulge because I would have to buy it and I’m a penny pincher. But iced tea at home is basically free! It’s impossible. I’m hooked.
5. The last three times I’ve been to the store I’ve slowed down as I walked past the seasonal aisle. Valentines Day stuff is on the shelves! I am one of those people who think Valentines Day is definitely a Hallmark holiday. But you know, I like Hallmark. And the cute hearts and red boxes of chocolate get me every time. I want to make so many cute cupcakes and love letter cookies. Someone’s gotta hold me back.
6. We have been eating so many potatoes! It seems every day when it’s time to start thinking about what to make for dinner potatoes end up on the menu. The two of us have gone through a whole bag of russets in about a week and a half. They are the perfect fooooood! We need help.
7. Our fun date for the month: chocolate tasting! We visited Alegio Chocolate in Palo Alto and it was really fun! I’d never been to any kind of tasting before and I learned a lot of chocolate. How they harvest and roast it, what goes into a chocolate bar. They chocolate tasted great and it was small, quiet, and we got to eat chocolate, which is always awesome.
8. Favorite Soundtrack: Into the Woods. We went to see Disney’s Into the Woods this month and we surprisingly liked it a lot more than we thought we would. Hubby has been singing the songs non stop. It’s cute. And we need a new soundtrack soon. 😉
Most Viewed Recipe for January: Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes