Summer is in full swing.
Today was filled with swimming, pizza with friends, sitting on the balcony with the warm weather herbs all around, and eating this creamy homemade ice cream. In fact, almost everyday has included a bowl of Strawberry Peach Ice cream. It has a unique fresh fruit taste that you could never get in a carton of store bought ice cream.
The secret ingredient is a packet of instant pudding mix. Because adding fresh pureed fruit to an ice cream base can make it too watery and result in icy hard ice cream, adding that packet of pudding keeps it creamy and easy to scoop. So happy summer times to you and yours! What are some of your warm weather plans? We are looking at a weekend at the water park, a trip to Yosemite National Park, and a big batch of spaghetti sauce in our future. 😉
- 2 cups chopped strawberries, fresh
- 2 cups chopped peaches, fresh
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups half n' half
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- In a blender or food processor, puree the strawberries, peaches, and sugar together.
- In a large bowl or pitcher whisk together the evaporated milk and pudding mix until combined.
- Add the pureed fruit, sweetened condensed milk, half and half, lemon juice, and mix well.
- Pour the ice cream base into the chilled bin of your ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to instructions in your ice cream maker manual.
- Serve with fresh berries or peaches if desired.